Humboldt County’s rural landscape is ideal for raising and owning livestock of all species, from family pets to animals in large commercial operations. In 2011, Humboldt County was home to over 150,000 individual livestock. That’s a lot of animals! That year our doctors made over 600 calls (not including the patients that came to us), and the numbers continue to grow.
- Small Ruminants (sheep, goats, etc.)
- Poultry/Fowl (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys)
- Camelids (llamas, alpacas)
- Physical Examination
- Herd Health Checks
- Health Certificates (for sale or travel)
- Vaccinations / TB Testing
- Reproduction Exams (pregnancy checks, fertility exams)
- Blood Collection with laboratory services
- Milk Sampling
- Mastitis treatment
- Dystocia (trouble giving birth)
- Hernia Repair
- Rectal or Vaginal Prolapse
- Tumor Removal
- Teat Obstruction or Removal
… and more!
If you need to schedule an appointment for any large animal or livestock, please contact our Ferndale office at 707-786-4200.